ABOUT MEDISOFT OPHTHALMOLOGY
Medisoft’s business is the development, sales, installation, training and support of electronic ophthalmology medical records.
The system’s features include rapid data collection for all ophthalmic sub-specialties, Clinician Decision Support and detailed audit of clinical outcomes. After each clinic visit letter and clinical notes can be automatically generated. The software interfaces with most ophthalmic diagnostic equipment and imaging systems.
FEATURES OF MEDISOFT OPHTHALMOLOGY
- Rapid collection of data, easy to use in clinic and theatre.
- Entry of data on all ophthalmic sub-specialties via a single clinic screen.
- Recording of information on all ophthalmic procedures, including anaesthesia and complications.
- Automatic coding of diagnoses and procedures.
- Automatic generation of letters to GPs, optometrists and other clinicians.
- Automatic generation of hard copy for the notes (if required).
- Clinician Decision Support such as IOL power calculations, risk of glaucoma progression and risk of posterior capsular rupture for each patient.
- Comprehensive audit of medical and surgical outcomes at the click of a button.
- Eye examination customisations for each ophthalmic subspecialty.
- Supports glaucoma shared-care: there are specific glaucoma assessment screens for nurses and optometrists.
- Supports glaucoma shared-care: provides the ability to manage ‘virtual clinics’.
- Numerous drug and other alerts to improve patient safety.
- A complete electronic record for the Cataract Care Pathway – initial consultation, pre-op assessment and biometry, anaesthesia, operation, phone calls, follow up clinics and optometrist returns.
- Dramatically improves the efficiency and quality of anti-VEGF clinics for AMD.
TRAINING AND SUPPORT
Medisoft prides itself on the excellent service we provide our customers. Our technical staff install the system and test it, at no charge. Our support staff ensure that the system is configured to meet the particular needs of each Hospital.
Medisoft provides training and support to customers throughout the UK and abroad. A support team is always available in office hours to help users with any enquiries.
The standard audit reports meet most clinicians’ needs, but Medisoft’s support staff can help analyze data for research projects.
The following modules are available for purchase in addition to the Standard Edition. Quotes are available upon request.
- All Procedures in Standard Edition
- Medical Retina including AMD
- DR Assessment
- Strabismus, Paediatrics and Orthoptics
- Refractive surgery
- Eye Casualty
INTERFACE WITH OPHTHALMIC SYSTEMS
Medisoft ophthalmology provides links to the hospital PAS systems. As well as interfacing the following list of popular ophthalmic equipments, Medisoft aims at provding quick response to clients needs of interfacing with other systems and equipments.
Medisoft ophthalmology currently supports accepting data and images from the following medical systems and devices:
- IOL Master
- Humphrey Visual Field machine
- VisuCam (and any software which exports DICOM images can export to Medisoft)
- Stratus OCT
- Cirrus OCT
- TRK-1P focimeter
- CL-200 autorefractor
- OCT 1000
- IMAGEnet 2000
- IMAGEnet i-base
- HRT EyeExplorer
- CSpectralis OCT
- Medical Aviso A and B scan
- Optovue OCT