Audit functions allow instant identification of the number of patients and treatments required according to different visual acuity thresholds, 1st /2nd eye restrictions and lesion types. The following audits are included with the DR Assessment module: Diabetic patients who have attended the HES
This audit does not involve the production of a graph or table, but instead exports a specific combination of fields into an Excel spreadsheet. The following fields from diabetic patient records are included:
- NHS number
- Hospital number
- Date of most recent appointment
- Date of most recent appointment attended
- Date of most recent completed DRSA
- Approximate date of most recent appointment
- Appointment due to be scheduled
- Discharged at most recent appointment
- Declined surgery at most recent appointment
- Listed for laser at most recent appointment
- Right VA at most recent appointment
- Left VA at most recent appointment
- Right NSC grade from most recent DRSA
- Left NSC grade from most recent DRSA
Screening data export
Similarly to Diabetic patients who have attended the HES a selection of fields are available for export, all of which are relevant to the first visit after a referral. Any of these fields may be chosen or deselected manually.
List of patients with diabetes with visual acuity 6/18 or worse in better eye
This report produces a list of patients recorded to have diabetes, with a visual acuity 6/18 or worse in the better eye at the most recently recorded visit date. Column headings include: Patient name, Sex, Age, Most recent visit date, Type of diabetes, and Visual acuity in better eye.
List of patients with diabetes with visual acuity 6/60 or worse in better eye
This report is exactly the same as the one described above except it restricts patients to those with a visual acuity of 6/60 or worse in the better eye.
Appointment history for diabetic patients
This audit exports a specific combination of fields into an Excel spreadsheet. This combination of fields will reflect all entries into Medisoft corresponding to a patient’s appointment history. It is possible to limit the report by the following clauses: Appointment history cohort = patients who have (or could have) a CVI / patients who have had laser treatment / patients who have had surgery.
The following fields are exported:
- NHS number
- Hospital number
- Appointment date
- Patient attended
- Episode type
- Procedures performed
- General anaesthetic
- CVI status at the time of the episode
- Right / left VA at appointment
- Right / left NSC grade from DRSA
- Approximate date for next appointment
- Listed for surgery
- Procedures planned during appointment
Annual report to the national screening programme for DR
This report exports all the data required from the hospital eye service for a screening programme to complete its annual return to the National Programme for Diabetic Retinopathy Screening.
- Consultation Times
- Patients listed for laser treatment
- Laser waiting times report
- Inappropriate referrals
- Biomicroscopy assessment
- Biomicroscopy assessment outcomes by grade
- Cataract referrals
- Patients treated but not screened
- Annual Incidence of CVI
- Incident visual acuity report.
List of patients registered severely sight impaired (blind) or sight impaired.
The table lists the names and details of patients who have been registered severely sight impaired (blind) or sight impaired. It includes the patient’s Name, his/her Sex, Age and the Date on which they were registered. It also shows the patient’s Level of Certification, the Predominant cause of their blindness, and their Diabetic status.