COMPLETE ELECTRONIC PATIENT RECORD FOR CATARACT SURGERY
The system is a complete electronic clinical record for the cataract care pathway. Medisoft is the only EMR provider with a proven ability to collect Connecting for Health’s Cataract National Dataset defined in the ‘Do Once and Share project’.
A pre-defined minimum data set is collected at each stage of the patient’s care pathway (initial consultation – nurses’ assessment – biometry – operation – follow up clinic visits). Letters to referring clinicians can be automatically generated and patient notes, if required.
Collection of data in this way provides continuous, prospective audit of the clinical outcomes of cataract surgery. The sophisticated report and graph wizard allows surgeons to analyse their own results with just a few mouse clicks, without the need for any help from audit departments.
The publications screen of this web site lists the scientific peer reviewed papers generated based on data collected in Medisoft. This includes a series of papers on 55,567 cataract operations where the Cataract National Dataset was collected in every case with almost 100% data capture for all pre-operative and operative variables.
- Completely electronic cataract care pathway
- Automatic generation of letters and notes throughout care pathway
- Rapid collection of history, examination and diagnoses
- Biometry and IOL power calculations
- Automatic ‘A’ constant customization
- Recommendations for surgical incision and for astigmatic correction
- Automatic risk analysis of posterior capsular rupture for each grade of surgeon
- Enter comprehensive details of cataract surgery in less than 30 seconds
- Automatic coding of diagnoses using Snomed CT & ICD10 codes
- Automatic coding of procedures using OPCS4.3
- Cataract audit
- Improved standardisation of record keeping
- Availability of data across several sites
- Validations and alerts improve accuracy & safety
- Compact summary notes of every hospital visit
- Automatic letters improve communication with GPs and optometrists
- Detailed, accurate audits in seconds
- Use audit reports to improve patient care